• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: SET LIST Furthur 12/30/2012, San Francisco

#224177 1 year, 8 months ago
I love going through the thread of a show cause I relive it the next day. Happy New Years to you guys and I wish you were all here with us. Last night was just like you guys thought. They went deep and were smoking. My favorite of the night was Days. Bobby sounding so good. I too wish people would shut the fuck up. It's so annoying. I almost wish I had some Bluetooth heads phones hooked to the sound board. Peace out to you guys.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: PHILTREE
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#224179 1 year, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Tonight's poster, very cool!!

Who is the artist for this poster?
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
OZA
Senior Boarder

#224202 1 year, 8 months ago
So are these 3 shows going to be put on archive or commercially released? If it's the latter, where could I buy all 3?

Edit: maybe I was too far gone but did Furthur finish Dark Star yesterday??? Are we going to hear a reprise?
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by OZA.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#224203 1 year, 8 months ago
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#224206 1 year, 8 months ago
mok
Junior Boarder

#224207 1 year, 8 months ago
OZA wrote:
So are these 3 shows going to be put on archive or commercially released? If it's the latter, where could I buy all 3?

Edit: maybe I was too far gone but did Furthur finish Dark Star yesterday??? Are we going to hear a reprise?

There is a MUSIC tab at the top of this page (i.e. Furthur website, not the forum section) that will take you to commercial sales, it seems the 29th is available but last night is not ready for download purchase yet.

I had the same feeling with dark star, and I thought they teased a reprise sometime around the end of Stephen? I think it may emerge tonight.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#224215 1 year, 8 months ago
Remember, they only sang the first verse of Dark Star.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#224218 1 year, 8 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Zipster wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Bill Graham Civic Auditorium

Hey did this place used to be called the Oakland Auditorium?

In case this did not get clarified, the photo above is formerly known as San Francisco Civic Aud., renamed
Bill Graham Civic Aud. when in Oct. of 1992 the San Francisco city board of supervisors decided to change the name
in honor of Bill, who had died a year prior.
The only place I ever walked to a Dead show, from my front door to the front door of the venue. After all those miles that was a nice change.

The photo below is of what was formerly known as the Oakland Aud., which later became known as Henry J. Kaiser convention center.

HJK1.jpeg

below is a picture from last year when the Occupy Oakland movement tried to take the building, which was vacant at the time, and I believe still is.

HJK2.jpg

It's a shame this venue is no longer being used, as it had a good vibe for Dead shows. The Dead played 2-3 runs a year there in the mid 80's, and was referred to as the new Winterland because of it's size and the Dead's frequent use of it. They played there for approx. 10 years before the neighborhood petitioned for no more Dead shows.

images.jpeg

19851122_2273.jpg

I remember it now bro...thank you... I saw two of the best shows ever at the Oakland Aud, on Dec 30 and 31 1979 and into early morning Jan 1 1980. I was in the US Navy at the time and stood outside for 8 hours waiting for a ticket rolling heavily on multi-colored Dragon blotter, it was a gas. So many fine memories. The Flying Karamazov Brothers and a 60 piece orchestra opend for the boy's on NYE. IT was ssssssspectacular.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Zipster.
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#224219 1 year, 8 months ago
By the way back then Bill Graham kept the ticket stubs, so no proof only memories...
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Zipster.
OZA
Senior Boarder

#224221 1 year, 8 months ago
Dark star reprise, scarlet, PITB (educated guess), Sugar mags (also an educated guess)
Can't wait for tonight. Haven't got off of my ass all day so I hopefully will be on my feet all concert

(Will furthur throw in a Morning Dew?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds